Free Time/That's what friends are for
Reading Comprehension (Leseverstehen)
► 1. Who is who?
Tom is a cat. Kim is a dog Bobby is a parrot. Blacky is a guinea pig (and so is Sally). Janet is a rabbit.
► 2. Say if these statements are true, false or not in the text.
1. Grandma lives in number 10 Garden Street. (true) (!false) (!not in the text)
2. Bobby lives in 12 Park Street. (!true) (false) (!not in the text)
3. Tom ran away because he didn't like the food. (!true) (false) (not in the text)
4. The children put up posters in shops. (true) (!false) (!not in the text)
5. Other cats are missing, too. (true) (!false) (!not in the text)
Use of vocabulary
► 1. Write in synonyms.
a. Cats and dogs get their food in a bowl or dish
b. Some dogs have a little house or hut in the garden.
c. Mice and birds are kept in a cage.
d. A house where cows and horses live is called a stable.
e. A fish tank/ is another word for aquarium.
► 2. Write in opposites.
1. Grandma is sad because Tom is not here - she isn't happy().
2. The children always visit grandma - they never() forget it.
3. The girls leave the house every morning and come() back in the afternoon.
4. I've got only one or two sweets - Holly has got many().
Use of structures
► 1. Say how often they do these activities:
0. Lina plays ball.
0. Sam and Alex don’t play ball.
1. Lina doesn't watch (not, watch) TV.
2. She likes () Mondays.
3. Sam & Alex don't like (not, like) Mondays.
4. They watch () TV.
|play ball||watch TV||like Mondays|
|Sam & Alex||-||+||-|
1. Lina doesn't watch() TV.
2. She likes() Mondays.
3. Sam & Alex don't like() Mondays.
► 2. Form complete sentences with these phrases.
0. I / have / potatoes / for breakfast I have potatoes for breakfast.
1. Toni’s sister doesn’t like Arsenal.
2. Do you play tennis , Lena ?
3. Where does Lina play basketball ?
► 3. Give short answers.
0. Do you like football? - Yes, I do.
1. Does Peter work a lot? - No, he doesn't().
2. Can you help me? - Yes, I can().
3. Do Linda and Kevin live in London? - No, they don't().
4. Does Lester laugh (lachen) a lot? - Yes, he does().
5. Can he help you? - No, he can't(). He must do his homework.
6. Are the police officers friendly? - Yes, they are().
► 4. Put in the English personal pronouns.
Grandma: "Kevin, Please give me the cornflakes." - Grandma asked him to give her the cornflakes.
Mum: "David, can Jenny help me with the German homework?" - "Yes, she can tell you the English meanings of the German words."
Tim: "Your bag is very nice." - "Yes, I've got it for my birthday!"