This is a recipe ( /re-cee-pee/ ) for Scottish Tablet - one of the most famous treats!
Deep Fried Mars Bars
1 Mars bars or 1 Milky Way bar
1 cup plain flour
1/2 cup cornflour
1 pinch baking soda
milk or beer
oil (for deep frying)
- Chill the chocolate bar by keeping it in the fridge, but don't freeze it.
- Mix the flours and bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) together.
- Add milk (traditional) or beer (which gives a lighter result) until you get a batter with the consistency of thin cream.
- Heat the oil until a small piece of bread will brown in a few seconds, but don't allow to smoke.
- Remove wrapper from chilled chocolate bar.
- Coat completely in batter.
- Carefully lower into hot oil and fry until golden brown.
- Serve, with ice cream or french fries, if you're so inclined.
Find the matching cards!
|peeling a banana||frying an egg|
|cut||adding a spoon of sugar|
|breaking an egg||whipping cream|
|stirring the dough||pouring milk|
Put in the correct prepositions
Becky is laying the table. The spoon is on the plate. The knife is next to the spoon.
The fork is opposite the spoon.
The plate is between the spoon and the fork.
The glass is behind the plate.
The candle is in the middle of the table.
- Food - lots of videos and quizzes around cooking and eating