London/Taking the Tube
For travel on:
- Tramlink, where your Travelcard includes Zone 2,4, 5 or 6.
- National Rail (excluding Heathrow Connect)
Points to note:
- The Travelcard you hold must be valid for all the zones you travel in. If you travel beyond the zone(s) covered by your Travelcard, you must pay an extension fare.
- To work which zones you need, refer to page 50 and see the map at the end of this booklet.
Day Travelcards (Peak)
- Can be used all day Mondays to Fridays (except public holidays), on the day of validity and for any journey that starts before 0430 the following day.
Day Travelcards (Off-Peak)
- Can be used from 0930 Mondays to Fridays, (all day Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays), on the day of validity and for any journey that starts before 0430 on the following day.
Point to note:
If you are travelling as a group, a One Day Family Travelcard may be cheaper. 
Where to buy:
- Tube station ticket offices, London Travel Information Centres and National Rail stations. Also available from Ticket Stops (see page 54) and self-service ticket machines.
- The group must consist of one or two adults travelling with between one and four children.
- Child 5-15 years and 'New Deal' photocard holders.
Children aged 14 or 15 years need an '11-15' or Chold Photocard, or 14/15 CitizenCard.
What happens if?
If your printed ticket is damaged or becomes illegible, ask at any Tube station where it will be replaced free of charge.
For any other questions call 020 7222 1234 (24hrs).