Englisch/Grammatik/Relative pronouns/Contact Clauses
contact clauses (without relative pronouns)
Wenn der Relativsatz bereits ein Subjekt hat, kann man das Relativpronomen auch weglassen. (angezeigt durch:Ø)
Move the words into the gaps:
1. The chemistry lesson which is in the science room lasts 45 minutes.
2. A teacher Ø I'd never seen before told me off for running in the hall.
3. The teacher who told me to stop talking was very strict.
4. A timetable is a list where you can see your lessons.
5. The timetable Ø the teacher gave us was different from the old one.
6. The rules Ø the players used in the game were new to me.
Put in who or which. If it's not necessary, put in the relative pronoun like that - for example-who-.
1. Some years ago the harbor was an area -which-() most visitors didn't want to see.
2. Today it is a part of London -which-() every tourist should see.
3. On a hop-on- hop-off bus you can listen to guides who() explain the sights.
4. Some of the places there have a history which() goes back 2000 years.
5. But Docklands is not only for tourists who() would like to see modern London.
6. It's now a business centre which() is the work place for many thousands of office workers.