Verb + Infinitive or Verb + ...ing
If you want to connect two verbs in one sentence some verbs need a to-infinitive - others use the ing-form. A few of them can be used in both manners.
verb + ...ing
I feel like dancing.
I believe in keeping fit.
- agree with
- apologize for
- believe in
- blame for (jmd. beschuldigen)
- complain about
- concentrate on
- congratulate sb. on
- cope with (bewältigen/ zurecht kommen)
- depend on (abhängen von)
- dream about/of
- feel like
- get used to
- insist on (bestehen auf)
- look forward to
- rely on sth. (sich auf etwas verlassen)
- succeed in
- specialize in
- stop sb. from
- talk about/of
- think of
- worry about
Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence, using the KEYWORD given.
Do not change the KEYWORD. You must use between two and five words, including the word given.
1. I'm sure he 'll manage to finish his homework.SUCCEED
I'm sure he'll succeed in finishing() his homework.
2. Last week he learned to play the guitar every day.PRACTISED
Last week he practised playing() the guitar every day.