Food/Talking about Food
Part 1: General Conversation
- Do you eat breakfast every day?
- Do you ever skip breakfast? If so, how often and why?
- Did you drink coffee this morning?
- Are you a vegetarian?
- Do you eat …
- How often do you eat fresh fruit?
- Are there any foods that you wouldn't eat as a child that you eat now?
- Do you like peas and carrots? How about spinach?
- Do you know someone who struggles with an eating disorder?
- Have you ever been a diet? If so, how long did you stay on it?
- Are you concerned about your daily calorie intake when choosing something to eat?
- Do you drink …
- milk every day?
- tea every day?
- coffee for breakfast?
- At what times do you usually eat your meals?
- Did you eat lunch today?
- Do you always eat dinner with your family?
- Do you always eat vegetables?
- If you were on death row, what would you request for your last meal?
Cooking at home
- Do you cook? If yes, what food do you cook the most often?
- Do you like to cook? Why or why not?
- Can you cook well?
- Are you a good cook?
- Do you like …
- Chinese food?
- German food?
- American food?
- Italian food?
- What country's food do you like the most?
- Do you like to try new food and drinks?
- Do you prefer to eat at a restaurant or at home?
- Do you have a favorite cafe? If so, where is it? Why do you like it?
- What is the most expensive restaurant that you have ever been to?
- What did you eat there?
- When did you go?
- Who did you go with?
Do you like to eat some desserts after dinner? Do you like to eat? Why or why not? Do you often eat out? Do you prefer fish or meat?
Do you prefer your own country's food or other kinds of food? Do you read the nutritional information on the foods you buy? Do you take vitamin pills? Do you think a vegetarian diet is better than a diet that includes meat? Do you think fast food, soda and sweets should be sold in school cafeterias? Do you usually want to eat dessert after dinner?
How often do you go shopping for food?
Is there any food that you really dislike to eat?
What did you eat for lunch yesterday? What did you eat the last time you ate at a restaurant? What did you have for breakfast this morning?
What foods have you tasted which you will never forget for the rest of your life? What fruit do you eat the most often? What have you eaten so far today? What is a typical meal from your country? What is one of your favorite foods?
- What is the cheapest place to eat that you know?
- About how much is a meal?
- Where is it?
- How often do you go there?
- What kind of beverages do you usually drink?
- What kind of desserts do you like to eat?
- What restaurant in this city do you recommend?
- Why is it a good place?
- About how much does a meal cost?
- What special foods do you eat on holidays? (Christmas, New Year's Day, etc.)
- Have you ever had pot-luck?
- What would you bring to a pot-luck lunch?
- Do you like brunch?
- What is the strangest food you have ever tried?
- Do you have any food allergies?
- Do you believe that "we are what we eat?"
- What do you think about super-sizing?
- Should fast food restaurants serve healthier food?
- Do you like pizza?
- What is your favorite pizza topping?
- How often do you order pizza to your home?
- Are there pizzerias near your home that deliver pizzas?
- How do you make pizza at home?